Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, October 22, 2007

I am a single outgoing 20 something. When people find out you cant eat gluten you get the most rediculous statements thrown at you. My favorite of course is "Oh My God, I would rather be dead if I couldn't eat bread and pasta!!!" Really? I sure hope not! That seems drastic to me. lol. It all started when I was 24 I started having allot of health problems and got shuffled from one baffled doctor to another. I finally took matters into my own hands, kept a note book on my symptoms and what I was eating, and started narrowing things down and asking for specific test. Well it turned out my immune system had allot of problems. I got diagnosed with Sjrogens, Reynard's, and Lupus. I was also told I had celiac disease and there for could no longer eat gluten. I also realized I was having reactions to yeast as well. At the time I was working 2 jobs and going out every weekend. At first I thought that his meant a change in my entire life style! I started researching natural nutrition. I went off my Dr.'s prescriptions that were making me feel worse and went on a herbal regiment and joined a gym. Between diet and exercise I am very healthy now and plan to stay that way. I started this blog to share recipes and stories. Yes I can't eat gluten or yeast, but I am still living and living well. Oh and there are breads and pastas I can eat so that I won't have to die. lol. I prefer brown rice pasta. My family can't tell the difference.
I do miss beer though but I will live. :)

No comments: