Wow, I have not been on here in a long time. I am going to try to get better at that. Ok so here is the recipe for the best bread ever. I have served it at many parties now and people love it. I even used it for bread pudding and it was perfect! The original recipe is for two long french loafs of bread. I make mine in a regular bread pan which makes it more like Italian bread.
Plus it freezes wonderfully! It's crusty on the outside, and soft and tender within. It is fabulous alone, or made as little brushetta (if you make it in the long loaf style). You can make it from start to finish in about one hour!!
*I put the original recipe up, but I actually don't use yeast in my bread since I am allergic to it; I use all the other ingrediants and it still comes out perfect (when I told people it had no yeast in it they were surprised). I also make it with 1 cup of white rice flour and 1 cup of brown rice flour. I did it just for the protien but I made it with all white rice flour once when I was all out of the brown and I didn't like it as much. It was still really good but the other way i think is better. I don't use the egg substitute either since I never have it in my house.
This Recipe makes 2 French loafs or one large Italian loaf of bread
2 cups rice flour (1 cup white and 1 cup brown)
1 cup tapioca flour
3 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons egg substitute (optional)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
2 tablespoons fast rise yeast
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3 egg whites, beaten slightly
1 teaspoon vinegar (apple cider is best)
melted butter, for brushing (optional)
In the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer, place flours, xanthan gum, salt, and egg replacer (if used).Blend with mixer on low.
In a small bowl dissolve the sugar in the water, and add yeast.
Wait until the mixture foams slightly, then blend into the dry ingredients.
Add the butter, egg whites, and vinegar.Beat on high for 3 minutes.
To form loaves, spoon dough onto greased and cornmeal-dusted cookie sheets in two long French-loaf shapes or spoon into special French-bread pans.
Slash diagonally every few inches.If desired, brush with melted butter.
Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 20 to 25 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Remove from pan to cool (or have a nice warm slice)
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment